- Manager, Compliance & Title IX Investigations
- Go to our website »
Manager, Compliance & Title IX Investigations
Salary: $98,668.00 - $134,436.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 23-096
Closing: 6/6/2023 4:00 PM Pacific
Location: Long Beach, CA
Department: Human Resources
Manager, Compliance & Title IX Investigations
6-MONTH ELIGIBILITY LIST
11 STEPS - RANGE 9 / MANAGEMENT TEAM
$98,668 - $ 134,436 Annually
CURRENT VACANCY: 100%, 12 Months
***Applications will be accepted through June 6, 2023, 4:00 PM***
The Human Resources Department of Long Beach Community College (LBCC) is seeking a highly qualified candidate for an opportunity as a Manager, Compliance & Title IX Investigations!
This position focuses on compliance with Title IX and equal employment opportunity requirements of federal, state, and local laws, which includes program oversight, and conducting or coordinating investigations, and complaint resolution. Thus, the individual in this position will perform a variety of advanced investigatory, administrative, and compliance-related duties in support of District, state, and federal policies, procedures, laws, and requirements pertaining to civil rights, compliance, employment, equity, and human resources functions.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have technical experience in conducting, and coordinating, investigations
- Be able to write investigation reports, including analyzing factual finding in relation to law
- Understand law relating to Title IX and Title 5 investigations
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Be a creative, analytical, and dynamic leader and a problem solver
- Exhibit exceptional customer service skills, communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Build a high-performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, standards and goal attainment.
- Have the ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders across the District
Do you thrive in a fast paced, high energy work environment? If this describes you, we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to join the innovative and talented LBCC team!
AT-A-GLANCE POSITION INFORMATION
- Type of position: Full Time (M-F, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
- Location: Liberal Arts Campus, but will support both campuses
- Salary: MGT RANGE 9: $98,668 - $ 134,436 Annually
- Advanced salary placement: Generally, new employees start at the first step on the salary schedule. Advanced salary placement may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Benefits: The District provides an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. Please refer to the Benefits tab for more details.
- All Long Beach Community College employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in compliance with District Policy. Please note that if selected for employment, you must provide proof of fully vaccinated status by date of hire. Documented proof of vaccination is required as part of the onboarding process. Individuals requesting accommodation must do so in a timely manner for consideration. For more information on LBCC District COVID-19 policy and guides please view our Return to Campus page.
For further information on the position or application process, please contact (562) 938-4710.
ABOUT LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE:
Here at Long Beach City College (LBCC), we celebrate equity, diversity and are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We strive to ensure a positive and inclusive working environment for all. Long Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities. Please check out the LBCC mission and values and other strategic initiatives below to learn more.
- Mission & Values
- Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (Download PDF reader)
- Strategic Plan (Download PDF reader)
- Office of the Superintendent President
Under general direction, performs a variety of advanced investigatory, administrative, and compliance-related duties in support of District, state, and federal policies, procedures, laws, and requirements pertaining to civil rights, compliance, employment, equity, and human resources functions. Oversees and supports District programs, investigations, formal, and informal resolution related to Title IX, unlawful discrimination and harassment complaints, employee relations, ombudsperson complaints, grievances, EEOC/CRD complaints, and other regulatory agency complaints. Supports responses to lawsuits, and facilitating alternative dispute resolution, including settlement and mediation. Assists in administering the District's Equal Employment Opportunity Plan. Assists in the maintenance and revisions of Human Resources Board policies, administrative procedures, and employee handbooks. Develops and facilitates training programs and professional development related to compliance. Performs related duties as assigned.
This single incumbent classification focuses on compliance with Title IX and equal employment opportunity requirements of federal, state, and local laws, which includes program oversight, and conducting or coordinating investigations, and complaint resolution. The Manager, Compliance & Title IX Investigations conducts thorough and neutral inquiries and investigations into allegations of civil rights violations and/or misconduct, and facilitates informal resolutions, and trainings, as appropriate. The Manager, Compliance & Title IX Investigations will serve as the District's mediator and will stay abreast of federal, state, and local laws for changes in compliance requirements, and assist in implementing effective policies and responding to incidents.
For the full position description, please click here: Manager, Compliance & Title IX Investigations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, or a related field and five (5) years' experience conducting investigations alleging unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation complaints, and grievance resolutions; OR
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree and two (2) years' experience conducting investigations alleging unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation complaints, and grievance resolutions; OR
- Equivalent combination of training and experience.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
A valid California Class C driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance policy.
Meeting the minimum requirements of the position does not guarantee advancement in the selection process. Candidate qualifications will be assessed to determine those who meet and exceed requirements, and are deemed most competitive amongst the applicant pool to proceed.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
To be considered a candidate for this position, all materials required should be received by the Long Beach City College Office of Human Resources by the closing date. Incomplete or late applications will be disqualified from further consideration. Qualified candidates will be notified in writing if they are moving forward in the selection process.
The following examination segments are pass/fail and may be utilized during the selection process:
- Screening of the applicant's training, background, and experience
- Scored evaluation of responses on a supplemental application/subject matter expert (SME) review. *** We strongly recommend that you please answer each question thoroughly. They will be read and scored by SMEs***
- In-person or online:
- written examination(s)
- qualifications appraisal oral examination
- performance examination
- technical oral examination
(the above will be scored on a job-related basis)
Test parts are determined by the size and competitiveness of the candidate pool.
Only the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the examination process. Successful candidates who pass all parts of the examination process will be placed on the eligibility list in order of their relative merit as determined by these competitive examinations.
*** PLEASE NOTE: The District reserves the right to utilize a flexible pass point (cut-off score) on any test part to meet the staffing needs as determined by the District. Applicants that most closely meet the needs of the District will proceed with the recruitment process. ***
If you require special accommodations in the Application, Testing, Interview or Selection Process, you are required to notify the Human Resources Office at least two days prior to the closing date of the posting, by calling (562) 938-4352.
Transfer Requests for current LBCC Employees:
District employees may request to transfer by completing the Transfer Request Form (Download PDF reader)
LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and equity-minded hiring practices. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunities and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Ancestral Land Acknowledgement
Long Beach City College acknowledges our presence on the traditional ancestral land of the Gabrielino/Tongva peoples. This land remains unceded territory. We acknowledge the painful history of genocide and forced removal from this territory. Long Beach City College honors and respects the Gabrielino/Tongva ancestors and their connection to this land.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lbcc/jobs/4043751/manager-compliance-title-ix-investigations
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency