This ad is expired.
Risk Services Analyst
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 19511
Initial Review Date (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be
routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at
the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
Initial Review Date (IRD): 07-01-2021
Dept Marketing Statement
Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and organizational policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Contacts are both internal and external to the department.
The Risk Services Analyst coordinates all aspects of the Be Smart About Safety loss prevention program, including management of the application process with the UC Office of the President, the campus funding and financial transactions associated with each project. This position requires responsible and complex budgetary analysis, with careful attention to detail. The Program Analyst will also manage the application and budgetary process for several additional Workers' Compensation initiatives, the Violent Acts Mitigation and Prevention program, and will provide data analysis support to the Director as needed.
The Risk Services department serves as the campus resource on risk management issues and acts as the channel for implementation of UC system-wide risk management programs. The department is organized into two broad areas: the Workers' Compensation Program and the Property & Casualty Program. For more information, visit https://risk.ucsc.edu/.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary Range Information: $66,300 to $75,000. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: This position is eligible for Full benefits.
Schedule Information: Full-time, Fixed
Percentage of Time: 100%
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
Shift Includes: Days
Employee Classification: This is a Career Appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus, Barn H
Union Representation: Non-represented
Job Code Classification:  FINANCIAL ANL 3
- Provides analytical support for complex budget, financial, or resource analysis projects.
- Coordinates and implements department budget allocations. Conceives of and maintains department chart of accounts, other data management tools, and related business processes.
- Gathers information, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial and / or resource plans, including annual resource allocation approaches, trended future requirements, operating forecasts and sources and uses. This work includes generating, modifying, and conceiving of new financial or other resource reports.
- Ensures that the appropriate internal controls are addressed, maintained and strengthened to protect University resources.
- Focuses on BSAS program, with support to additional Risk Services programs.
- The position prepares and or approves financial paperwork to expedite purchasing, invoice and pro card payments, direct payments, travel reimbursements, monitors financial transactions, prepares transfers of payroll and non-capital expenses; completes recharge billing, researches financial transactions using campus systems tools, performs reconciliation of transactional detail and financial reports ensuring accuracy of the data while adhering to campus and system wide policies and procedures for BSAS and additional Risk Services programs. Incumbents will respond to questions, research issues and resolve problems that have a significant impact on the overall goals of the department and all programs.
- Performs complex financial or resource research and studies for various internal department constituents such as periodic financial reports, staff salary budgets and contracts and grants. Financial and / or resource analysis could include budgetary analysis, financial analysis, forecasts, projections, staff salary or FTE analysis, general rate analysis (parking rates, copier rates, capital project rates, student health charges) and contracts and grants analysis. Focuses on BSAS program, with support to additional Risk Services programs.
- Provides department support in the areas of business process analysis and design, system or procedure testing and implementation, documentation, security, workflow, and customer feedback.
- Provides administrative support for office functions. May serve as point of contact for campus administrative services. May support calendaring, travel, and department recruitment tasks.
- Applies professional concepts to perform moderate to complex financial or resource analysis to understand past performance and determine present and future performance and / or resource allocations. Manages the BSAS funding process, as well as the funding process for other UCOP initiatives.
- Independently gathers information as needed to perform analysis.
- Documents procedures for financial activities.
- May train staff, and as appropriate, creates an effective team environment.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Thorough working knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
- Ability to independently gather required information to organize, and perform financial analysis assignments.
- Proven ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability using spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
- Proven interpersonal skills with peers throughout the organization; strong service orientation and critical thinking skills; and attention to detail.
- Proven ability using organizational skills to multi-task in a high volume environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to function as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a complex organization to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments and independently organize work, demonstrating initiative and follow through.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to use standard computing tools including Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, email, online.
- calendaring systems and the Internet.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency