Accountant Financial Analyst NBC
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Accountant Financial Analyst NBC
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
This position will assist the Associate Director of Finance at the Widener Large Animal Hospital in managing the financial functions of the Hospital. Provides analytical reports for decision support to the Widener Large Animal Hospital Director and Senior Director of Finance and Operations. This position analyzes complex Hospital revenue and expenses to provide trend analysis for building business strategies, including pricing models, breakeven analysis, and costing analysis. The Accountant/Financial analyst prepares month end financial close documentation, including reconciliations, journal entries, and department financial statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. Handles large amounts of data; utilizes data analytic systems to model information; and summarizes the information for presentation to Hospital leadership. This position will provide support with Hospital billing processes; assist customers with billing inquiries; accept payments in person and over the phone; and will research billing disputes. The candidate will be an active and integral team member for Hospital billing software migration and support projects. The candidate will serve as the billing software super-user and will attend meetings, develop workflows, troubleshoot programming issues, and work developers on programming enhancements. This position leads the Hospital collection process and serves as the primary contact with the Collections Attorney for delinquent accounts by providing documentation for court proceedings, fielding client responses, and analyzing settlement offers for presentation to the Sr. Director of Finance and Operations. The nature of the work performed in this position requires a strong attention to detail and organizational skills, as well as, excellent verbal and analytical skills when presenting complex financial reports to Hospital leadership, attending project meetings, and working with clients.
Position is located in Kennett Square. No public transportation available.
- Performs complex review of Hospital revenue and expenses, develops financial statements and balance sheets, performs various budget and cost analysis, and develops pricing models. Prepares journal entries. Manages large and complex data sets to identify business trends. Reports findings to Hospital Director and Sr. Director of Finance and Operations.
- Prepares month-end financial close documentation, including journal entries, budget to actual variance analysis, and account reconciliations
- Leads the collection of delinquent Hospital accounts, prepares documentation for court cases, interacts with attorneys to bring cases to settlement, and maintains confidential records
- Serves as a super-user for the Hospital billing software, provides lead project support, develop workflows, troubleshoot programming issues, work developers on enhancements
- Assists customers with billing inquires, research accounts as requested, invoice adjustments. Accepts payments in person and over the phone, handles a large volume of credit card, cash, and check payment transactions.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Working Conditions: Office, library, computer room
Physical Effort: Typically sitting at a desk or table
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration and 3 - 5 years' experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Business Objects, and Oracle preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is necessary. Familiarity with University accounting systems a plus.
Job Location - City, State
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Department / School
School of Veterinary Medicine
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with familywhatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitementand you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2545049&targetURL=https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay">https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/New-Bolton-Center/Accountant-Financial-Analyst-NBC_JR00042213
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency