University of Idaho
Location: Moscow, Off Campus Location - Remote/Hybrid Work Option Available-U.S. Only
Division/College: University Research
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $57,250 or higher depending on education and experience.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under general supervision, the position performs a range of detailed, moderately complex professional accounting functions. Work assignments at this level typically include: examination, analysis, maintenance, consolidation and reconciliation of financial records; creation and interpretation of financial statements and reports; participation in the development of budgets; may be assigned responsibility to provide training, supervision and/or assistance to other employees.
Duties may include:
- Analyzing accounting records for accuracy and completeness
- Researching and resolving accounting problems and/or discrepancies
- Researching and applying new accounting standards
- Researching and applying relevant local, state, and federal regulations; preparing, reviewing or approving required returns and reports
- Generating standard and custom financial statements and other reports
- Overseeing proper classification and coding of income and expenditures
- Analyzing and forecasting revenue and expenditure trends
- Assisting in calculation of various departmental and University rates
- Analyzing expenditures charged for appropriateness and compliance with University policy and procedures
- Interacting with internal and external auditors and participating in auditing projects
- Recommending improvements in workflows, procedures and processes
- Conducting financial analysis of projects and preparing special reports
- Overseeing and monitoring accounting processes, schedules and databases
- Performing complex reconciliation functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or equivalent OR Masters degree in accounting
- Two years of progressively responsible accounting experience in a computerized accounting system
- Experience working in a complex, decentralized accounting environment
- Experience with governmental fund accounting
- CPA, CMA, CGFM or other accounting certification
- Experience working with the Banner Financial System
- Experience working in an area of Grant & Contract financial accounting or sponsored research
- Establishing and monitoring internal controls
- Interpreting, explaining, and applying laws, regulations, and policies
- Assisting in the education of individuals in policy and procedures
- Assessing risk and conducting audits to ensure compliance
- Monitoring and evaluating account activity
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: SP004167P
Posting Date: 10/23/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Preferential review of applicants will begin on November 29, 2023.
Please address each required qualification in your Letter of Qualification.
For a copy of the full job description, please contact Kathleen Skovgard at email@example.com.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency