LC State invites applications for the position of Administrative Specialist
Salary based on experience and qualifications: $44,000 - $46,300
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years with increasing responsibilities in professional and administrative positions.
- Experience working at an institution of higher education.
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated proficiency with monitoring and managing budget processes.
- Knowledge of office support functions including word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents and reception.
- Experience storing, retrieving and compiling information using database and spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrated ability to use Internet, desktop publishing, form and report design skills.
- Detail oriented and able to complete time-sensitive tasks in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within a fast-paced dynamic team group.
- Applicants will have experience with publishing software, web-authoring, and editing tools, as well as with budgeting software and reports.
- Office management and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of LCSC organizational structure, programs, policies and procedures is desirable.
This is an exempt, professional position. This person will report directly to the NHS Division Chair. Responsibilities include performing a variety of professional and administrative duties that facilitate the day-to-day operations of the NHS division (BSN and Radiographic Science programs). Manages office operations and supervises support staff. Prepares, processes and monitors budgets, project proposals, records and invoices. Researches and compiles information for reports and presentations. Assists in program planning and development; interprets, monitors, and analyzes information regarding operating policies and procedures. Resolves problems that have a significant impact on the overall goals of the department.
Leads meetings addressing specific operational issues and develops recommendations and action plans towards their resolution. Processes employee transactions, and may assist in investigating employee issues or concerns and in determining an appropriate course of action. Oversees ordering of equipment and supplies.
Reports to and is responsible to the Division Chair of the Nursing & Health Sciences Division as the supervisor of record (or her/his designee). Authority to coordinate non-routine secretarial and clerical activities. Compose letters, correspondence, and memos requiring independent judgment as to content; compile and analyze information from a variety of sources to prepare reports. Utilize computing (with Microsoft Office Word and Excel) to create, process, file, and maintain a variety of documents and administrative records containing technical information. Schedule and coordinate arrangements for meetings and conferences. Act as a liaison between organizational unit and external customers. Knowledgeable of multiple procedures and program requirements to respond to inquiries, explain divisional services, policies, procedures, and rationale for decisions to customers. Propose new or revised divisional procedures as needed. Responsibility for financial record keeping including monitor budgets and prepare financial transactions.
Application Procedure: Please upload all of the following documents, or your application may not be considered for review.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information or Letters for three (3) Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts requested upon hire)
This position is open until filled; however, applications received on or before June 15, 2022 will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check and may also be subject to an education verification. LC State is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.
To apply: https://lcsc.applicantpro.com/jobs/2408384.html
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency