This ad is expired.
Administrator - Student Activities
Student Union and Activities
Performs managerial work providing direction and guidance in setting and achieving goals and objectives; developing policies; reviewing guidelines, procedures, rules, and regulations; establishing priorities, standards, and measurement tools for determining progress in meeting goals; coordinating and evaluating program activities; and establishing and monitoring budget. May plan, assign, and supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- The Administrator is responsible for working the area of Student Activities. They work to support university programming and the student programming board, which in turn promotes student development
- Oversee one to two of the following assigned areas of programming: Daytime, Late Night Films, Spirit & Traditions (including Homecoming), Night Life, Outreach, Vice-President for Communications & Marketing
- Responsible for the development of high quality programs and services: ensuring that there is a strong commitment to student development, emphasis on engagement of all Texas Tech students & the involvement of the campus & the greater Lubbock community
- Seek out collaborative programmatic efforts throughout the Texas Tech Campus Community
- Establish and maintain working relationships with university faculty, staff, students and alumni as it relates to programming and potential growth for the department
- May be responsible for assisting with the administration of the program department. Oversees program-related expenditures and revenue
- Seek out professional opportunities and partnerships for the Activities area by becoming involved in and knowledgeable about the National Association of Campus Activities (NACA)
- Produces reports and conducts program evaluations and provides on-site supervision of events and activities
- Strive to work daily towards a purposeful support of the mission of the Division of Administration and Finance and Texas Tech University
- Serve as an advisor to the Student Activities Board and its volunteers/committees ensuring compliance with procedures and policies
- Work to support TTU's mission of recruitment & retention by providing programs and services that intentionally engage the community in entertaining and educational activities
- Work as a liaison to student groups and university committees
- Serves as the liaison for departmental fair representation at university functions such as University Day, Red Raider Orientation, and Admissions Preview Days
Bachelor's degree in area of expertise or closely related area required. Three years of experience in planning, developing, or implementing programs/projects or research grants. Additional education may substitute for required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- The Administrator must understand the area of Student Activities and the value that it brings to a campus and how to apply student development to a diverse group of students on a daily basis. They must also be able to communicate effectively and be forward thinking and offer new ideas, problem solve, and offer resolutions
- Experience in student staff training, conflict resolution, leadership training and staff development are preferred. Energy and ideas for fostering social, diverse, traditional, and educational programs semester to semester is essential
- Relates well to students. A commitment to the educational goals of program activities. Knowledge of college union philosophy. An understanding of and the ability to apply student development and learning outcomes theories. An awareness of and commitment to the educational and cultural benefits of multiculturalism. Demonstrated ability in advising student groups. the ability to relate the program effort to the total union operation
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency