This ad is expired.
Analyst II - Leave Administrator
Analyzes and coordinates office services such as personnel, budget preparation and control, fiscal affairs, equipment utilization, records control, and special management studies.
The Leave Administrator, under the direction of the Associate Managing Director for Talent Management, is responsible for reviewing, coordinating, and processing all activities for Family Medical Leave, and other university leave programs. Provides advanced level HR leave of absence administration to managers and employees and acts as a subject matter expert to ensure compliance with state and federal leave laws.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for all university leave programs under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc).
- Administers all aspects of leave programs. Provides extensive case management and coordinates administrative aspects of the cases.
- Recommends approval of leave cases based on relevant medical information. Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Manages all administrative aspects of leave program to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with Payroll to ensure that pay for employees is accurate and correct.
- Works closely with employees to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with all employees on leave and coordinates aspects of return to work for employees on leave.
- Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases. Presents reports as requested.
- Partners closely with all HR business partners on all leave cases and workers compensation claims.
- Assists in the creation and facilitation of leave administration training programs.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the level of risk associated with background checks, including processing requests, reviewing results, making recommendations and notifications regarding hiring decisions.
- Reconcile monthly background check account, ensuring accuracy and submitting bill for payment.
Bachelor's degree in job related field plus two (2) years responsible related experience; or a combination of related education and/or experience to equal six (6) years.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, or business related area plus two years experience related to the assigned area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR law, FMLA, ADAAA, and other federal/state regulations pertaining to administering leaves of absence.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of human resources principles and practices.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, precedents, government regulations, and agency rules.
- Oral and written comprehension and expression skills. Active listening.
- Deductive/inductive reasoning and critical thinking. Judgment and Decision Making.
- Must be attentive to details and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects while under strict deadlines.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency