This ad is expired.
- Assistant Director of Financial Aid
- Go to our website »
Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Primary responsibilities include providing accurate and effective counseling regarding financial aid eligibility and assistance programs; assisting students and their families in completing the financial aid process; assist with supervision of the student employment program and assisting the Director with the technical management of financial aid systems.
Essential Duties Summary
- Provide financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding all aspects of financial aid process. Make necessary referrals to other student service offices
- Provide and promote excellent customer service to students and parents regarding all financial matters.
- Assist with Federal and Private Student Loan processing
- Perform technical review of all financial aid applications and preparation of student files
- Assist with federal verification and resolution of conflicting information
- Perform detailed review of federal tax documentation including, tax returns, transcripts, business returns, W-2s, etc. Assist in requesting additional documentation when necessary
- Assist with professional judgment process on income changes during appeal process
- Assist in the administration of federal, state, institutional, and outside aid programs including utilization of federal websites.
- Interact with appropriate third party entities in order to facilitate the student eligibility process
- Assist in ensuring regulatory compliance in all areas of financial aid, including federal, state, and college policies and guidelines.
- Assist with all aspects of Student Employment process including the management of America Reads Tutoring Program.
- Support Director with maintenance of financial aid systems, including reporting, algorithms, formulas, etc.
- Participate in regular training and professional organizations to keep abreast of new information and program changes to be implemented
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree required
- One to two years of student financial aid/student employment preferred
- Familiarity with Powerfaids preferred
- Technical knowledge of systems management preferred
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Time management; ability to cope with multiple interruptions and work under pressure of deadlines; attention to detail
- Self-motivated with high degree of organizational skill
- Excellent office skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to learn new skills
Requirements for Employment
Effective October 15, 2021, all employees of Sarah Lawrence College must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exceptions to this requirement will only be considered for documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. Any offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and submission of proof of vaccination.
Posting Number: S00312P
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, visit https://slc.peopleadmin.com/postings/1937
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency