This ad is expired.
- Assistant Director of Financial Aid Systems (Remote Flexibility)
- Go to our website »
Assistant Director of Financial Aid Systems (Remote Flexibility)
Requisition Number: 2023S018Posting
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Division: Admission and Financial Aid
Department: Financial Aid
This position provides for the opportunity to work remotely from CT, GA, MA, NJ, OH, RI, VA, PA and NY without relocation. Work requires collaboration with other team members during standard business hours and will be required to report to our Hamilton, NY campus for meetings and events. Remote arrangements such as this are reviewed annually and are based on performance.
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid Systems is accountable for providing technical support for the day-to-day operations of the Financial Aid Office.
Specific accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing daily data exchange with the Federal Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG), federal Common Origination and Disbursement (COD), College Board, NY State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC), and university databases (Banner, Slate, OnBase, etc.).
- Maintaining student financial aid records with accuracy, runs and monitors reports, and resolves data discrepancies through internal audits.
- Helping ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and institutional policies and procedures.
- Manages and runs technical processes which support the administration of financial aid awards and disbursements.
- Oversee the operation, configuration, upgrading, testing, and development of the university's Financial Aid student information system, PowerFAIDS.
- Responsible for managing the annual parameter roll and migration of student records to a new award year, modifying packaging algorithms and developing quality controls.
- Sets up and monitors scheduled jobs, execute manual jobs, and is responsible for scheduling or generating batch email communications.
- Collaborates with Information Technology Services (ITS) to troubleshoot software issues and data integration issues, assist with financial aid systems planning, and develop queries and reports.
- Work closely with the Senior Associate Dean and Director of Financial Aid and Financial Aid Leadership Team to improve system processes, enhance efficiencies, and fully utilize the PowerFAIDS software.
- Prepare statistical, budget, and annual reports.
- Participate in training to keep well-informed of financial aid regulations and software enhancements.
- Responsible for documenting technical procedures and conducting staff trainings, as needed.
- A minimum of three years experience working in a Financial Aid Office.
- Proven understanding of a financial aid management system is required.
- Student financial aid functional knowledge required.
- Accounting skills required.
- Exceptional organizational skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office and financial aid databases (e.g. CPS, COD, NSLDS, and ELM).
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated commitment to working within a diverse environment and interact collegially with students, faculty, staff, and visitors from different backgrounds on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and collaborate with others.
- Knowledge of PowerFAIDS is preferred.
- Ability to research and resolve basic systems and database issues.
- Familiarity with NCAA rules is desirable.
- An Associates degree plus a minimum of three years of professional related experience is required.
- A Bachelors degree is preferred.
Salary Range: $55,400 - $59,000
Monday-Friday, with occasional weekends
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgates Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at email@example.com. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://careers.colgate.edu/postings/4792
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency