Associate Dean Of Financial Aid
Gustavus Adolphus College is one of the nation's leading private liberal arts colleges serving over 2,400 students. The College aspires to be a community of persons from diverse backgrounds who respect and affirm the dignity of all people. Known for its strong science, writing, music, athletics, study-away, and service-learning programs, Gustavus is located on a scenic 340-acre hill in St. Peter, Minnesota only one hour southwest of the Twin Cities.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Dean of Financial Aid to manage the College's student financial aid programs.
*This is an exempt (salaried) position*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counsel current students and parents regarding financial aid options
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of Pell Grant, Minnesota State Grant
- Oversee the Minnesota State Grant operations, including the MSG calculator, monthly reconciliation and reporting to MHESO, and monitoring student enrollment levels
- Assist the Dean and the College computing staff with problem resolution and developing new initiatives in regards to Datatel and ImageNow
- Assist Dean with the annual set up of Datatel file suite and related annual communication management maintenance
- Consult with and make recommendations to Dean regarding dependency overrides and professional judgment cases
- Assist with presentations in conjunction with Admission Office visitation days as well as financial aid nights
- Participate in Minnesota Association of Financial Aid Administrators (MAFAA)
- Attend professional conferences and training
- Assist with awarding of student's at Dean's request
- All other duties as assigned
- VA liaison for students
- Previous college financial aid administrative experiences
- Demonstrated strengths in the areas of attention to detail, organization, interpersonal communication (verbal and written), and the ability to work as part of a larger office and College team
- Bachelors degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience in and understanding of the strategic use of financial aid in the recruitment and retention of students
- Familiarity with Ellucian Colleague
- Familiarity with COD, FAAAcces, NSLDS
- Familiarity with State of Minnesota financial aid programs
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process on our website, www.gustavus.edu/humanresources/employment to complete the online application. A complete application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Online Application
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three (3) references
Gustavus Adolphus College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
Click on the following link to learn more about Gustavus's campus-wide commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Posted on: 3/8/2021
Doug Minter | firstname.lastname@example.org | 507-933-7530
Posted: Mon Mar 8, 2021
To apply, visit https://gustavus.edu/employment/job/1827
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency