This ad is expired.
- Director of Accreditation and Assessment
- Go to our website »
Director of Accreditation and Assessment
Posting #: 4484
Rooted in social justice, led by compassion, inspired by curiosity, driven by a shared vision.
Mother Rosalie Hill Hall on the University of San Diego campus is home to the School of Leadership and Education Sciences' (SOLES) vibrant and vision-driven collective of academic departments, centers and institutes. Here, we combine innovation with introspection, academics with real-world application, and study with social impact.
Our nationally-accredited programs span the realms of leadership, teaching and counseling, both at graduate and undergraduate levels. They're all approached with an emphasis on social justice, multiculturalism and a determination to forge a better world together.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanitys urgent challenges.
The Director of Accreditation and Assessment for the School of Leadership and Education Sciences provides oversight of assessment activities for the purposes of program development and evaluation, accreditation, and institutional effectiveness. The Director supervises and coordinates accreditation activities, including Academic Program Reviews and preparation/submission of required reports, works with administration and faculty to propose policies and procedures, and promotes a "culture of assessment." The Director of Accreditation and Assessment ensures program assessment activities are designed, implemented, analyzed, and reported in a manner that is useful for curricular and program improvement. The Director of Accreditation and Assessment analyzes trends and outcomes, and provides insights and analysis of SOLES programmatic offerings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Data Assessment, Collection, Analysis and Reports:
- Provide oversight of assessment activities for the purposes of program development and evaluation, accreditation, and institutional effectiveness.
- Promote the understanding, articulation, and documentation of student learning outcomes for each program/department and for the School as a whole.
- Aid faculty members with developing measurable student learning outcomes and designing curriculum maps to assess student learning.
- Ensure program assessment activities are designed, implemented, analyzed, and reported in a manner that is useful for curricular and program improvement.
- Serve as lead contact for accreditation activities including Academic Program Reviews and preparation/submission of required reports (CTC, CACREP, COAMFTE, Title II, WASC, etc.) and logistics for site visits.
- Advise the Dean, Associate Dean, and Department Chairs on accreditation initiatives related to WASC.
- Analyze trends and outcomes, and provide analysis for assessing student learning strategic goals such as diversity, retention, completion.
- Design, conduct, analyze, and report alumni surveys and exit surveys.
- Assess school-wide learning outcomes
- Supervise the collection and ongoing maintenance of an integrated assessment system for the School of Leadership and Education Sciences, ensuring accuracy of the data.
- Compile and submit data required for state and federal reporting as well as external surveys (for example,CTC ADS, IPEDS, Title II).
- Serve on school and university committees as assigned to communicate/document assessment plans and guidelines, e.g., USD Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Initiatives.
- Interface with the Institutional Research and Planning office for data collection.
- Research and analyze trends and outcomes for strategic purposes and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Support staff (i.e., Dean's Suite, Executive Assistants, Academic Program Managers, etc.) with creating ad-hoc surveys of the school community student, staff, and faculty.
- Advise faculty on assessment research aimed at deepening understanding of institutional initiatives and making a contribution to generalizable knowledge.
- Supervise the Credential Analyst team.
- Work collaboratively with program directors and field experience offices.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Masters degree required.
- Five years of experience in assessment and research design required.
- Doctoral degree preferred in Education, Assessment, Psychology or a related field.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of assessment of student learning, program evaluation, quantitative and qualitative research methods, and statistical analysis.
- Experience in and knowledge of the accreditation process. Experience with national and regional accreditation preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership working across an array of stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Advanced managerial/supervisory skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative and problem-solve.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- Interest in and willingness to seek innovative solutions with a growth mindset.
- Experience with database-driven, web-based applications, and statistical software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must.
- Knowledge of Qualtrics, Tevera, Salesforce, Banner, and CMS a plus.
$6,667.00 - $7,167.00 per month; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
The salary range provided in this posting reflects what we reasonably expect to pay for this position. Actual compensation offered or earned is dependent on experience, education and other factors including departmental budget.
Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: January 31, 2023
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/496258/director-of-accreditation-and-assessment
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency