This ad is expired.
Director of Strategic Initiatives and Content Strategy
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6332
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual propertyfor Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 07/27/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $73,000 - $100,000/Annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
Resume is required.
Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: To develop, maintain and promote across the university, as well as externally, high quality strategic messaging in support of a Senior Vice President for Business Affairs (SVPBA) with particular focus on communications, initiatives and priorities.
Scope: Responsible for generating written and visual content in support of executive communications targeting a broad array of stakeholder audiences across a wide variety of formats. Coordinates the planning and implementation of the SVPBA's projects and initiatives.
- Oversees the execution of high-level strategic initiatives most important to the SVPBA. This will require close collaboration with university leadership and cross-functional teams on a wide range of initiatives and programs.
- Prepares, develops and executes presentations and messaging related to key internal and external stakeholders. Researches and coordinates presentation opportunities and speaking engagements for the SVPBA to promote executive initiatives and division's projects.
- Identifies and drafts talking points for SVPBA's speaking engagements. Develops briefing materials, presentations and other materials written on behalf of the SVPBA, such as annual reports, strategic plan updates, program overviews and narratives. In close coordination with the division's Director of Strategic Communications, prepare content for emails to the division as part of an existing comprehensive employee engagement initiative.
- Oversees project management using an established project management methodology to track/manage divisional and cross-divisional projects, and strategic initiatives from conception to completion. Provides project status updates to the SVPBA with the goal of producing the most successful outcomes possible.
- Contributes to the strategic prioritization of tasks, initiatives and projects requiring the SVPBA's participation.
- Serves as a thought partner to the SVPBA to strategize, strengthen and implement goals into actionable priorities and efficient work streams.
- Collaborates closely with the division's Director of Strategic Communications and the Business Affairs Strategic Communications team to compile, curate, package and produce written and visual content for campus-wide emails, websites, advertising, presentations and additional modes of communication.
- Develops a close working partnership with the division's Director of Strategic Communications to coordinate and collaborate on messaging and communications materials that align with the division's existing communications policies, processes, and guidelines
- In collaboration with the Director of Strategic Communications, develops, prioritizes and oversees content strategies to elevate the SVPBA and division's brands and reputation amongst various stakeholders.
- Collects, analyzes and interprets qualitative and quantitative data and information to develop thorough understanding of stakeholder motivations, preferences and opinions and spot emerging trends or issues in order to enhance content.
- Independently handles and responds to high level or sensitive inquiries, concerns and requests on behalf of the SVPBA. Utilizes university-wide resources as needed, to solve problems and mediate disputes.
- Creates messaging and collateral to support the advancement of the division's strategic plan and SVPBA priorities.
- Promotes a culturally diverse environment and develops a strategy to develop content that appeals to a diverse audience.
- Develops projects plans, sets goals, and implements policies for assigned areas. In collaboration with the division's Director of Strategic Communications, develops communications plans for SVPBA messaging, initiatives and content.
- Serves as primary liaison to external bodies and internal offices, to coordinate relationships with and among stakeholders to advance SVPBA initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of community, regional, state and national events and issues relative to the SVPBA interests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in project management, content development, communications, writing/editing or related field.
- Versatile skill set and experience with writing techniques, design principles, internal communications, and project management systems.
- High motivation and a commitment to advancing the objectives of a rapidly developing public institution.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, integrity, creativity, responsiveness to opportunities, flexibility in work hours, and effectiveness in responding to unexpected situations.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Record of success in curating compelling, effective content across a wide variety of formats and audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management collaboration and administrative skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and creatively solve complex problems in a deadline driven environment.
- Possess an intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability and experience in applying and utilizing software and technology to develop creative solutions to effectively solve.
- Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in journalism, communications, English, writing or public relations or related area.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in a related area.
- Prior experience writing in a higher education setting; experience leveraging social media and online communications.
- Experience providing senior executive level content development and communications support within an institution of higher education.
Usual office conditions.
Willingness to work extended hours within a varying schedule, which can include weekends and evenings.
At present, this role is a UTSA telecommuting position, and the candidate selected for this position will be required to work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Telecommuters may be required to work on campus at times; travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. It is expected that this position will return to campus in the future. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
This position will be primarily located:
- On-campus (Individuals that primarily work on campus)
- Remote (Individuals that primarily work remotely and rarely need to be on campus).
- Hybrid - Regularly (Individuals that split their time working remotely and on campus)
- Hybrid - Occasionally (Individuals that work remotely but may work on campus on an infrequent basis)
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6332&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency