Experiential Services Office Assistant
100I-YN - Office Assistant 2
Experiential Services Office Assistant
Civil Service - OT Eligible
COVID-19 Vaccination Information:
In accordance with Washington State Governor's Proclamation 21.14.2, as a condition of employment, you must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation by time of hire. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving their last shot in a vaccine series. Full Vaccination or an approved accommodation will be verified prior to your first day of work. Should you not be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation you will not be able to start employment with WSU. Information regarding vaccine verification and/or requesting a medical/religious accommodation is available at https://hrs.wsu.edu/covid-19/vax-verification/. Please contact HRS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-4521 if you have questions.
Summary of Duties:
The Office Assistant 2 position serves as the receptionist for the Office of Experiential Services (ES) by fielding all general emails, incoming telephone calls and scheduling appointments. Provides general information on Experiential Services policies and processes. In addition, the Office Assistant 2 processes documents; maintains established record keeping/filing systems; performs basic data entry; extracts and compiles data for reports; and assists with special projects as requested.
30% General Office & Clerical Support
- Provides general clerical support to the department. Responsible for office mail distribution; prepares outgoing mail for campus mail, post office and/or special delivery. Orders, maintains, and distributes general office supplies. Collects team meeting agenda items, takes notes and distributes.
- Maintains general office records and files in accordance with retention policies. Initiates maintenance and telephone service requests for Experiential Services team. Assists in logistical and travel arrangements for site visits as needed.
- Serve as intern licensing support, to include monitoring intern licensing paperwork requests, fulfills and submits to appropriate entity.
- Lead for compiling Preceptor of the Year nomination data for Director review. Responsible for notifying nominees, coordinating the printing and mailing of nomination certificates, as well as placing plaque orders for awardees.
- Manage and maintain Adjunct/Affiliate Faculty ES preceptor requests. Liaise with Director of IT and CPPS HR to ensure request portal and information is accurate. Responsible for corresponding with individuals requesting appointment and notifying those with expiring appointments regarding how to renew. Maintain accurate records in rotation management system.
- Responsible for enrolling PY4 students in credits that correspond to rotations appropriately in coordination with ES Advisor/Coordinator regarding holds and special situations. Responsible for inputting grading according to preceptor evaluations, as well as for tracking make-up rotations and grade appeals.
- Monitors ES swag supply, coordinates replenishing of supplies with ES Director. Coordinates partner sites requesting WSU participation in Pharmacy Week/Month and preparation of materials.
- Serve as a first point of contact for clientele served. Answers the general phone line, takes messages when needed and forwards calls to appropriate personnel. Monitors and responds to messages received in the general Experiential Services (ES) email inbox, forwards to appropriate personnel as necessary. Provides general information regarding Office of Experiential Services policies, processes and programmatic information to students, faculty, staff, preceptors/site contacts and the general public. Responds to new site or preceptor requests, directing them to complete proper new account requests for review. Redirects complex questions to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for opening and closing the office, as well as for maintaining common areas within the Office of Experiential Services to ensure they are clean and welcoming.
- Greets persons visiting the office, screens, identifies needs and refers to visitors to appropriate staff members.
- Schedules meetings and appointments for ES team members. Locates and reserves meeting as needed. Contacts students, staff, faculty or site contacts as necessary regarding meeting cancellations or rescheduling appointments.
20% Database/Scheduling System Maintenance
- Under general supervision responsible for maintaining accurate student user accounts in various platforms, updating statuses for students and archiving/unarchiving accounts in CastleBranch, and communicates those updates to appropriately. Collaborates with Student Services to acquire incoming student lists and information needed for accounts in rotation management system. Works with rotation management system representative to import incoming student accounts and collaborates with ES team to communicate account information to incoming students. Identifies incoming students that are missing CastleBranch accounts and follows-up accordingly.
- Collaborates with ES Director and IT Director to annually update, open and close professional liability insurance portal for student payment. Under the direction of the ES Director works with software provider to ensure annual e-learning modules are available and renamed appropriately prior to student access. Coordinates with Program Specialist to ensure PINS are available to redeem CastleBranch packages. In collaboration with ES Director sends regular mass communications to students regarding upcoming CastleBranch deadlines and general answers questions.
- Enters and monitors data in various databases. Run periodic reports to identify accounts with inaccurate or incomplete information requiring updates, geographic regions, and parent sites, identify those that may be eligible to be inactivated. Work in collaboration with Program Specialist on updates. Review electronic records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance within established rules.
- Coordinate annually or semi-annually Identification of sites that may be missing site or rotation description information. Create and maintain internal process to review and identify when information was last revised, follow-up on sites with missing or outdated site or rotation description information. Notify ES Faculty or Director of site rotation description updates that may require review.
- Makes routine updates to rotation schedules when sites or preceptors communicate simple changes, such as preceptor change updates for assigned students, and for any remaining open availability that may need to be revised. Escalates more complex changes or rotation cancellations.
15% Reporting, Requirement Monitoring & Enrollment
- Regularly monitors student compliance for CastleBranch items, communicates in writing and makes phone calls to students as needed. Answers routine questions, escalates more complex questions to Program Assistants, including when administrative overriding is required in CastleBranch. Follows policies and procedures to escalates non-responsive students, intern licensing non-compliance and uses judgement to determine more egregious non-compliance issues and escalates appropriately. Uses reports and record submission to merge information into clinical immunization reports required by sites for student clinical placement onboarding.
- Monitors preceptor requirements, attempts to resolve, and sends out reminders as needed to preceptors, including preceptor licensing updates.
- Responsible for inputting rotation management system evaluation deadlines and reminder dates. Sends additional evaluation reminders to both preceptors and students beyond rotation management system auto-generated reminders, including making phone calls as needed. Escalates accordingly to Advisor/Coordinator.
- Monitors, reviews and follows-up on low-score evaluation notices from rotation management system. Communicates with student submitted low-score evaluations to solicit additional information and/or schedule with appropriate personnel. Schedules meetings for preceptors requesting ES contact on evaluations. Uses judgement to escalate to ES Advisor/Coordinator, ES Faculty member or ES Director, including notification of any failed rotations based on evaluations.
- Responsible for student enrollment in courses corresponding to rotation scheduling in coordination with ES Advisor/Coordinator and with Student Services advising timeline. Maintains system for tracking make-up rotation enrollment. Works with registrar as needed to correct enrollment, complete required paperwork for any grade change requests to Registrar, and when requested to place drop holds on courses. Responsible for compiling grades from evaluations, tracking failed rotations as well as supported grade appeals for proper grading, and inputting grades prior to registrar deadlines each term.
- Extracts and compiles data for various reports from database/scheduling system as requested, including site requested annual site flu rosters and annual site specific student rosters when schedules are released in coordination with Program Assistants and Program Specialist.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
High School graduation or equivalent and one year of clerical experience; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience using computer software to manage multiple electronic calendars and schedule appointments/meetings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience serving as primary point-of-contact in an office environment.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
Area/College: College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Department Name: Department of Pharmacotherapy, Office of Experiential Services
City, State, Zip: Spokane, WA 99202-2131
Department Link: College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Monthly Salary: $2,612.00
Screening Date: January 17, 2022; open until filled
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Application Instructions: This posting will remain open until filled, however, to ensure consideration, please submit your application by the first screening date of January 17, 2022.
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements. Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://wsu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WSU_Jobs/job/Experiential-Services-Office-Assistant_R-3880
Washington State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-2062e7c7819b2d40808a923bfb5d8061