Experiential Services Program Assistant
107M-YN - Program Assistant
Experiential Services Program Assistant
Civil Service - OT Eligible
COVID-19 Vaccination Information:
In accordance with Washington State Governor's Proclamation 21.14.2, as a condition of employment, you must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation by time of hire. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving their last shot in a vaccine series. Full Vaccination or an approved accommodation will be verified prior to your first day of work. Should you not be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation you will not be able to start employment with WSU. Information regarding vaccine verification and/or requesting a medical/religious accommodation is available at https://hrs.wsu.edu/covid-19/vax-verification/. Please contact HRS at email@example.com or 509-335-4521 if you have questions.
Summary of Duties:
Under general supervision the Program Assistant for Experiential Services is responsible for providing exceptional customer service for all clientele served, including students, preceptors, and practice sites and coordinating onboarding support for our student pharmacists, preceptors, and practice sites in preparation for and during scheduled Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) and Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE) rotations. This role requires attention to detail and compliance monitoring to ensure students can successfully begin their experiences on time. Duties include composing written communication to faculty, staff, and students, and responding to inquiries from incoming and/or prospective students regarding College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Experiential Services opportunities and practices.
60% Experiential Services Onboarding Coordination & Site Availability
- Share responsibility for onboarding Doctor of Pharmacy students to their assigned APPE/IPPE practice sites; serve as the primary onboarding specialist for a portion of the PharmD students. Onboarding duties include but is not limited to collecting and disclosing: immunization records, drug/background checks, CPR, malpractice insurance, intern licenses and any site specific requirements. Process access requests as needed by sites for students, including technology access, key card approval, and/or alternative onboarding portal access.
- Update Experiential Services information in multiple platforms with site specific onboarding changes including instructions for students and for other Experiential Services staff.
- Serve as backup and provide onboarding support for other Experiential Program Assistant(s) when needed.
- Assist the Experiential Services (ES) Advisor and Coordinator in verifying adherence to state licensing requirements.
- Responsible for inputting annual availability into software platform received from experiential sites for assigned sites. Identify abnormalities in availability submissions and resolve. Confirm availability with experiential sites. Create new sites in software platforms as approved, as well as creation of new accounts for preceptors and/or program contacts in software platforms.
- Provide support to the ES Advisor and Coordinator by assisting with monitoring student progress and helping to facilitate APPE/IPPE site reassignments for students with special circumstances and conflicts. Notify ES Advisor and Coordinator of students needing ES advising appointments or registration holds.
- Redirect complex questions to appropriate personnel.
20% Experiential Services Program Support
- Serve as a first point of contact for clientele served, serve as co-primary contact for main Office Experiential Services walk-ins, answering the general phone line and responding to emails received in the general ES email; greet incoming visitors to ES and identify their needs, provide basic information on processes and policies; connect students with appropriate staff for higher level concerns. Redirect complex questions to appropriate personnel. Co-monitor ES reception area and maintain a clean and friendly office environment.
- Respond to general questions from student pharmacists, preceptors and practice site personnel to help resolve misunderstandings, student issues or other problems that may arise during onboarding and/or scheduled rotations.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all practice site personnel and students.
15% APPE/IPPE Records Retention, Evaluation and Compliance Monitoring
- Update and maintain confidential student and preceptor records both in physical files and electronic format.
- Handle confidential information about students, sites and preceptors with a high degree of professionalism.
- Review and monitor student requirements (Trainings, licensure and immunizations), inform students of actions needed to be taken, and answer questions regarding requirements. Identify non-compliance and escalate accordingly.
- Maintain records in multiple software platforms and identify efficiencies.
- Review, monitor and process student pharmacist, preceptor, practice site and curricular evaluations completed during scheduled rotations and identify those needing additional attention.
- Update preceptor credential and licensing information for new preceptors and as needed for established preceptors
- Help coordinate and schedule experiential activities and/or events. Assist in maintain external contract lists for sites and program representatives.
- Schedule conference rooms, classrooms and other facilities for experiential service meetings and activities.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of full-time clerical experience OR equivalent education/experience.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- A Bachelors degree.
- Experience at WSU or other institute of higher education within a experiential or student support role (including student recruitment and retention, academic support or experiential coordination).
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external individuals and groups.
- Ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions.
Area/College: College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Department Name: Department of Pharmacotherapy, Office of Experiential Services
City, State, Zip: Spokane, WA 99202-2131
Department Link: College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Monthly Salary: $2,799.00
Initial Screening Date: November 29, 2021; open until filled
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Application Instructions: This post may be used to fill multiple positions. This position has been reposted.
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements. Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, visit https://wsu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WSU_Jobs/job/Experiential-Services-Program-Assistant_R-3828
Washington State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d602165fca4d3c4784939a4ca8a19747