Finance Manager - BCHP - Eligible for Remote Work
Waco, TX, United States
Job Identification: 11720
Posting Date: 07/23/2021, 8:39 AM
Job Schedule: Full Time
Locations: Waco, TX, United States
Degree Level: Bachelor
The Finance Manager manages the fiscal functions for the Baylor Collaborative on Hunger and Poverty (BCHP) in accordance with nonprofit accounting practices, federal guidelines, and Baylor University's policies. This position provides good stewardship of the University and grants funds through the implementation of effective financial processes and management of daily financial operations. The Finance Manager reports to the Director of Research & Administration. This position will work closely with the University Research Administrators, departmental leadership, and communicate directly with donors. The position is customer and solutions-focused with financial management responsibilities.
What We're Looking For
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required; a Master's degree in accounting, finance, or business is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience; experience with grants is a plus.
- Proficiency with accounting software and data management systems.
- Superior attention to detail when reviewing grant and contract documents.
- Ability to create and review complex budgets.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do
- Oversee and reconcile BCHP procurement processes to include management of requisitions, invoices, supplier contracts, vouchers, gift transmittals, deposits, and expense reports.
- Develop, maintain, and reconcile detailed personnel and operating budgets for BCHP projects and regional offices.
- Generate financial statements and run reports in Ignite to monitor the accuracy and completeness of financial and accounting information.
- Review grant expenditures for compliance with grant objectives and university policy and assist in the preparation of financial reports to grantors, in collaboration with the University Research Administrator and programmatic teams.
- Assist the Business Officer in the development, analysis, and implementation of the effective budget and administrative strategies for BCHP in compliance with University goals for strategic research growth.
- Create and monitor various dashboard tools to assist in management decision-making and periodic progress reporting to internal and external constituents.
- Advise unit leadership on BCHP financial matters, including management of grant funds, unrestricted funds, budgets, and expenditures.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family's wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally. If you are new to Central Texas, This is Waco!
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicants religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
To apply, visit https://ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/requisitions/preview/11720
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency