Project Manager - HSI STEM Grant
The University of Texas Permian Basin's Academic Affairs (AA) Office welcomes applications for the position of Project Manager HSI-STEM (Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Science Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and Articulation Program Grant.
$65,000.00 depending on qualifications
The Project Manager will assist the Project Director to lead the HSI-STEM project till its closure. This position is responsible for leading, controlling, monitoring, project-related reporting on goals and objectives, and supervising its day-to-day operations. The Project Manager will ensure that all the project objectives are achieved within the five-year project life cycle. The Project Manager will work on data collection and formative evaluation, budget management, adjusting project activities in conjunction with the Leadership Team, and other stake holders.
Confer regularly with immediate supervisor to coordinate activities, exchange information,
1. Bachelor's degree in education, counseling or related field, or public administration
2. Three (3) years of experience in the areas of staff supervision; budget management; program development and evaluation; or reporting and compliance with federal regulations
1. Master's degree in education, counseling or related field, or public administration
2. Two (2) years experience on working with federal/state sponsored grants or projects.
3. Project management related certification.
About the HSI-STEM Grant
The University of Texas Permian Basin has been granted $ 4.9 Million from the US Department of Education under the Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Science Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (HSI-STEM) and Articulation Program. The purpose of the HSI STEM and Articulation Programs is to: (1) increase the number of Hispanic and other low-income students attaining degrees in the fields of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics; and (2) to develop model transfer and articulation agreements between two-year and four-year institutions in such fields. This position is being filled to lead the activities as specified in the grant application
Required Application Materials
1. Cover Letter
3. List of References
4. Unofficial Transcripts
5. Letters of Recommendation (Preferred)
Conditions of Employment
1. The job description is not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor.
2. Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance.
3. Once hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of the hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire. UTPB participates in e-Verify.
4. Employees must be able and willing to travel and perform duties away from campus as necessary and must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver's license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver's record.
5. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
6. UT Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Generally, the normal work hours for the university are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 - 5:30 pm; Friday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm with a one-hour lunch. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening, and on weekends to meet the needs of the department. Hours worked may differ with some departments.
Standard Working Conditions
1. Able to lift various materials up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
2. Able to bend, crouch, and reach continuously.
3. Physically able remain seated, frequently to continuously.
4. Able to remain standing up to 15% of the time.
5. Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform job duties including extensive keyboard work, operating office equipment, performing filing, and other job-related responsibilities that include extensive wrist and hand movement.
6. Standard working conditions may differ depending on department and occupation
1. UT Permian Basin offers an excellent compensation package including heath, retirement, & fringe benefits for eligible employees.
2. Coverage includes medical, prescriptions, life insurance, AD&D, and matching retirement provided by UTPB.
3. You may also be eligible to add dental, vision, family coverage, & flex-spending accounts, additional retirement, and a few other coverages as options too.
4. Fringe benefits include tuition reimbursement (after one year of service), wellness breaks, employee assistant program (EAP), and meal deals, among other perks and discounts!
5. Our benefits package, along with an ample leave policy, make for a great total compensation package.
About the University
The University of Texas Permian Basin is located in Odessa, Texas. It was authorized by the Texas Legislature in 1969 and founded in 1973. The Permian Basin is one of the fastest-growing, culturally vibrant, economically invigorated regions of the country - full of industry, culture, and wide-open spaces. At the academic heart of this area sits The University of Texas Permian Basin - which every year, delivers smart, savvy leaders across the U.S.
As a regional, comprehensive institution, The University of Texas Permian Basin serves a diverse community of students from the region, the state, and beyond. Through excellence in student-centered teaching, learning, research, and public service, the University cultivates engaged citizens and impacts lives while advancing the technology and public interests of West Texas.
Our vision is that the University of Texas Permian Basin will be an innovative, responsive university that thinks large and lives local. We will lead in advancing education, research, economic competitiveness, and cultural enrichment.
Visit our social media sites below for more information.
LinkedIn Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube
Thank you for your consideration in today's job market. We look forward to connecting with you more in the future.
To apply, visit https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=10&JobOpeningId=11110&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-7c24ca7e8736744abfbc498e6146e4a0