Whittier College is an independent, four-year Liberal Arts College distinguished by its small size (1600 undergraduates) and a nationally-recognized liberal arts program.Whittier College has a history of strong and innovative interdisciplinary programs and a diverse student body.The College is ideally situated in the scenic hills eighteen miles east of downtown Los Angeles.
The Business Services Office is seeking a Senior Accountant to perform general accounting analyses and reconciliations. Responds to information requests from College personnel related to fiscal and budget administration. Prepares various reports and responses to external information and data compliance requirements.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Exempt Status: Exempt
Full Time/Part Time status: Full time
Salary Range: $70,000.00 Annual; Salary will commensurate with experience, skills, and knowledge.
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Business Services and Controller
Location/Department: Whittier College (Main Campus)/Business Services
1. Prepares and enters Standard Journal Entries.
2. Prepares and enters wire transfers and bank account transfers into the accounting systems.
3. Maintains subsystems for tracking sub-ledger balances and modules. Including, but not limited to: Fixed Assets subsystems, Bank Reconciliation subsystems, Endowment Tracking subsystems, Cash Receipts subsystems, Purchasing and Payables subsystems, Receivables subsystems, and various Excel and MS Access subsystems for reporting and tracking.
4. Participate in the preparation of audit related schedules and work-papers.
5. Participates in the monthly closing schedule of tasks and assignments, including account analyses, and balance sheet reconciliations.
6. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Non-essential Functions of the Job:
1. None identified at this time.
Position Specifications and Requirements:
4 years with professional level experience in general accounting and financial reporting supervisory experience is a plus.
Knowledge and Education:
Accounting or closely related business fields. Good knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and methods. Good communications and problem solving skills; develops and enforces policies and procedures; meets deadlines; high attention to detail; understanding of accounting controls. Expert skills with Excel, capable with Word; some knowledge of MS Access and databases.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The position is based in Whittier, California. To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or mail to Whittier College, Attn: Human Resources Manager, 13406 E Philadelphia Street Whittier, CA 90608. AA/AOE.
Whittier College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants because of race, religion creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal Law.
For more information, please visit: http://www.whittier.edu/jobs
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency